With Spring Break just around the corner, I thought I would share how I make travel photo books! Too many times the photos I take on vacation either stay on my SD card or phone and never make it onto my computer – and if they do happen to make it onto my computer, they never get any farther than that!
Last summer, we took a three week trip to SE Asia and I was determined to record it, share the photos with friends and family while we were in Asia and have a photo book at the end!
I came up with this idea and it worked flawlessly!! Enjoy!
1. Set up a new Instagram account for vaction photos – i.e. JaneDoeVacationPhotos. (I prefer having a special account for vacation photos so I don’t have to sift through all my day-to-day Instagram posts to see my vacation photos.) If you already have an Instagram account you will need to provide a different email for your new Instagram account – just open a new email account – i.e. JaneDoeVacationPhotos@gmail.com)
2. Make your new account private or public. I made ours private because we were gone for three weeks and I did not want strangers to know we were away from home.
3. Send friends and family the name of your new Instagram account so they can follow your adventures! (If your account is private, you will need to accept their request to follow you)
4. Download Chatbooks app & set up Acct with Credit card info
5. Link Chatbooks app to your new Instagram Acct
6. Take loads of pictures every day and upload to Instagram at night using hotel Wi-Fi with journal descriptions.
6. Order a “custom” book at end of trip. The custom book can be up to 366 pages. Lengthy journal entries will print on their own page. When you have uploaded 60 photos, Chatbooks will send you a confirmation – do not click “order” or you will end up with lots of little books about your trip. Wait until the end of your trip and order a custom book of the entire trip!
7. Consider making your Instagram trip account open to the public after you get home! If it is not filled with lots of personal information – you may want to share your adventures with the world! Whether you make it public or private, it is really nice to have a dedicated vacation account everyone can enjoy for years to come in addition to a nifty photo book!
To get you started, here is a promo code for a free book at Chatbooks
– just cut and paste it into the app! Promo Code: U74CFNN
**This is not a sponsored post & I have not been compensated in any way to mention Instagram or Chatbooks.