TOP TEN LIST OF
BEING A KID IN THE SUMMER
1. Climbing trees, getting stuck & telling younger kids to go “get help”- – but not from an adult”…..
2. Camping in the back yard in tents with flashlights.
3. Garden hoses and Wham-O Slip n Slides.
4. MS Walkathon back-yard carnivals.
5. Playing “tag” at dusk with tons of kids in big Kansas front yards
6. Looking for four leaf clovers in the front yard…..when Dad’s were about to mow over the clover – “Hurry while he does the back yard!”
7. Putting on “shows” for our parents on the patio.
8. Trolling the neighborhood as a “spy team” .…. for the “safety & security” of the neighborhood.
9. Playing Marco Polo, “who can hold their breath the longest” & underwater handstands at the pool…eating frozen Snickers bars, and sitting on the hot concrete for 5 minutes when you did something a life guard told you not to do….but you did it anyway.
10. Catching lightning bugs in jars.
…..and of course Summer Camp!
Did I miss something? Leave a comment of your favorite Summer memory!
By Eleanore Macnish